From New Zealand’s wonderful capital city Wellington you can easily explore the Kapiti Coast with local train services. The Queen Elizabeth Park for example, is a great destination with large areas of natural dunes along the coast. Perfect also for family picnics and if you fancy a tram ride, go and visit the Wellington Tramway Museum.
- City: Wellington, New Zealand
- How to get there: Take a Kapiti Line train service from Wellington Station to Paekakariki Station. From the station it’s about a 15 minute walk until you reach the entrance to the Queen Elizabeth Park.
- Tip: Continue walking through the park towards Paraparaumu Station and take the Kapiti Line train back to Wellington Station. This walk will take around 2 hours.
- Ticket: A Day Rover Ticket will give you unlimited travel on the Kapiti, Upper Hutt, and Johnsonville Metlink train services.
- Transport information: Metlink
- Location: Queen Elizabeth Park