Cergy lies about 30km north-west of central Paris. It is a planned Ville Nouvelle, also known under the term New Town, on the banks of the river Oise. Apart from the apparently largest train station clock in Europe, the highlight is the Axe-Majeur. This 1km long architecturally well designed axis is leading from the square Colonnes down to the river and across a red arched footbridge. Good views of La Défense in the far distance are possible.
- City: Paris, France
- How to get there: Take the RER A train service from Châtelet-Les Halles Station to Cergy Saint Christophe Station.
- Tip: Once you have crossed the footbridge follow the river to the east towards the Port of Cergy. Take the RER A train back to central Paris from Cergy Préfecture Station.
- Ticket: Carte Paris Visite (1, 2, 3, 5 day pass), zones 1-5
- Transport information: RATP Régie Autonome des Transports Parisiens
- Location: Cergy Axe-Majeur