Almere is planned new town lying just a 30-minute train ride away from Amsterdam. It is definitely worth a visit if you are into exploring interesting and varying architecture, especially housing quarters.
- City: Almere, Netherlands
- How to get there: Best is to take a NS sprinter train from Amsterdam Centraal Station to Almere Oostvaarders Station.
- Tip: Suggested walk could be via Curaçaostraat, Pastelstraat, Chamoisstraat, Hennahof, Meridiaanpark to Almere Buiten Station to catch a train back to Amsterdam Centraal Station.
- Ticket: You can use the OV-chipkaart
- Transport information: Nederlandse Spoorwegen
- Location: Almere Buiten
Just north of Amsterdam Centraal lies the former ship wharf area called NDSM now transformed into a kind of combined art and culture centre. There is so much to discover and if you are looking for a fancy hotel, why not spend the night on top of an old crane!?
- City: Amsterdam
- How to get there: Take the free ferry from outside Amsterdam Centraal Station to NDSM Wharf.
- Tip: After visiting all the art stuff why not take a stroll through Noorderpark along the Noordhollandsch Kanal and catch the metro 52 back to the city centre from Amsterdam Noord Station.
- Ticket: For the metro you can use the OV-chipkaart
- Transport information: GVB
- Location: NDSM wharf