One of San Franciscoˋs best and largest parks is the Golden Gate Park. Stretching over 5 km from the city towards the Pacific Ocean with superb views along the fine sandy beach. The park also holds a botanical garden that is definitely worth a visit. Overall you can spend at least half a day exploring all the sights in and around the park.
- City: San Francisco, United States of America
- How to get there: Take the Muni N-Line tram service from Embarcadero Station to Carl St & Stanyan St Stop. Then it is a short walk to the southeast corner of the park.
- Tip: After a visit in the botanical garden take a trip on the Stow Lake in a pedal boat. If you fancy walking all the way to the west you will be rewarded with some Dutch windmills just before reaching the Pacific Ocean and its vast beach. To get back to the city centre take the N-Line tram from Judah St & La Playa St Station
- Ticket: Best option is to get a Clipper Card
- Transport information: Muni
- Location: San Francisco Botanical Garden