The Olsen Gang was a series of 14 Danish movies starting in the late 1960’s telling the story of Egon Olsen, his gang members and their adventures. Usually the movies start with Egon Olsen coming out of this iconic prison building (Vridsløselille Statsfængsel) in the Danish capital. Today, 2018, the prison is not used as a correction facility anymore, a small museum can be visited.
- City: Copenhagen, Denmark
- How to get there: Take the S-tog B or Bx train service from Nørreport Station to Albertslund Station. Then it is a short walk to the prison.
- Tip: If you are interested in town planning, south of Albertslund Station is a large residential quarter of dense low-rise buildings from the 1960’s called Albertslund Syd.
- Ticket: Easiest option is to get a City Pass for 24 hours, Zones 1-4.
- Transport information: DSB